Galvin Company is a family-owned real estate company that builds, owns and manages first class commercial and residential properties throughout the City of Quincy.
We are seeking a full time Property Maintenance Technician to work in Quincy.
The Property Maintenance Technician's role requires general knowledge of all building systems; electrical, plumbing, HVAC, locks & keys, basic carpentry, painting and drywall repair. We work with a team of licensed professional contractors for major repairs and upgrades. The Property Maintenance Technician will assist in coordinating the work of these subcontractors, as well as perform minor repairs and maintenance, assisting with janitorial, grounds and snow removal.
Major responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Property Manager, you will perform and oversee building janitorial, maintenance and repairs.
- Respond to maintenance requests that may disrupt your planned day.
- Maintain safe and clean entrances, walkways and parking areas.
- Assist in making ready vacant apartments for occupancy.
- Inspect apartments, buildings and grounds and report any issues.
- Maintain inventory of all building maintenance supplies.
- Monitoring building systems.
- Be loyal, trustworthy and take pride in your work.
- You must communicate effectively.
- Be willing to take initiative, be a self-starter and be able to work alone.
- Excellent customer service skills, interacting with Tenants.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Be available for on-call coverage for emergencies after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Have a reliable vehicle, you will travel between buildings daily.
- Have your own hand tools.
- You live within 15 minutes of Quincy.
- Ability to notice details, understand curb appeal, and want our properties to be a place people want to live and work.
Education and Experience:
A High School Diploma or GED. A minimum of 3 year's prior experience in building maintenance and/or related job experience in construction or trades.
Compensation and Benefits:
$40-50,000 annually, compensation will be commensurate with experience along with benefits that include; medical, 401(k) with match, paid time off and paid holidays.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must submit to and pass Company’s background screening.
- Must submit to and pass a substance abuse screening.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.